It’s no surprise that Louisville Label is a pet-friendly organization. Our dogs aren’t just pets, they are a part of our families. Halloween is right around the corner and if you plan on celebrating, you likely have your costume picked out and purchased, but what about the furry members of your family? They want to celebrate, too!
Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas For Animals
If you want to dress up your pet, but are afraid you’ve run out of time, then you’ve come to the right place! There are many quick DIY pet costumes you can make in no time. There are also many pet costumes available on Amazon that are affordable and can be quickly shipped to you. We’ve compiled 8 of our favorite pet costume ideas below.
- Hairy Potter. If you’re a Harry Potter fan you’ll love this idea. Simply buy a cheap pair of fake glasses and find a scarf with Gryffindor colors. If your pet has short hair, you can even draw a lightning bolt on their forehead with eyeliner.
- Dobby. Continuing with the Harry Potter theme, if you have a dog that resembles Dobby, you can cut a brown sheet or t-shirt to fit for an easy and adorable costume.
- Beanie Puppy. This costume is free! All you need to do is print the Beanie Babies tag and put it on your animal’s collar. You can even get creative and write a note on the inside of the tag like real Beanie Babies tags with a unique description of your animal.
- Lion. This costume is cheap and purrfect for your favorite feline. They’ll appreciate you finally acknowledging their true identities. This costume is great because it works for both cats and dogs.
- All paws on deck. This is a great costume idea for cats and small dogs alike.
- Mummy dog. This costume can also be adapted for cats as well and can be used with materials already on hand. Just wrap toilet paper or a spool of thicker gauze around your pet. You can even add fake blood to the gauze for a spooky touch.
- A pretty unicorn. If you’re in a rush, you can make this one easier by just creating the headpiece to tie onto your pet.
Get in the Halloween Spirit with Spotify
Now that you’ve got your pet’s costume picked out, you can celebrate and get in the spirit every day with this Spotify playlist:
With classics like Thriller and Monster Mash, you can’t help but to get excited for the spookiest day of the year. Your pet’s costume is a great opportunity to display on your social media sites. We would love to see them as well! Send your dressed up pet pictures to us on Facebook. We hope you have a safe, fun, and happy Halloween!