The most wonderful time of the year is right around the corner, but it’s never too early to start preparing. The leaves are falling and there’s a chill in the air, but do your labels reflect the season’s change as well? If you’ve never considered creating a label to show holiday cheer, you may be falling behind your competitors!
Starbucks cups are a great example of how to do “labels” or branding that reflect the seasons well. Right around November 1st, the new Starbucks holiday cups are revealed, marking the unofficial start to the holiday season. The designs have been majorly criticized in the past, but whether fans love them or hate them, Starbucks gains press and continues to bring about top-of-mind awareness.
Custom Label Tips For Black Friday
Thanksgiving is the last major holiday before Christmas and the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday), marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. It seems like the season begins earlier and earlier every year, but there’s still time to create and print a label for Black Friday.
Tips for Black Friday labels and products:
- Most gifts purchased on Black Friday are to be gifted during the holidays so labels should reflect the season with associated symbols and colors
- Seasonal labels will grab the attention of customers. Your loyal customers know and love your brand and products. New labels will increase their excitement about their purchases
- Capitalize on the holiday sales by creating limited-runs of holiday-themed products to compliment your holiday-edition labels
Custom Label Tips For Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday (SBS) is November 26th and is a great opportunity for all small, local businesses to take advantage of your loyal customer’s support. Sometimes it seems like Starbucks and other big companies dominate, but there is still hope for small businesses!
American Express set out to bring awareness and support to small businesses in 2010 to remind us all that small businesses support our local communities in vital ways and we love working with small businesses! We work with Carmichael’s Bookstore, Bernoulli Small Batch Ice Cream, and these other recognizable Louisville brands. These are tips for SBS labels and products:
- SBS is an opportune time to refresh your labels and branding as the people living in your community are actively seeking local businesses to support. Add in the name of your city or a picture/graphic of the city or the neighborhood your business is located within
- You can also add in words or phrases to the label that reflect your city/neighborhood
- Consider creating bumper stickers to hand out to customers on SBS so they can stick them on their laptops and computers and spread the word about your company
Custom Label Tips For Cyber Monday
Standing out can seem overwhelming and even impossible when the internet is saturated with other companies’ ads and labels on Cyber Monday. This is considered the biggest shopping day all year, so you don’t want to pass on offering online specials. Here are some creative ways you can refresh your label and products for Cyber Monday:
- Consider advertising for Cyber Monday with physical labels and other marketing materials leading up to the day. These should be the same as the labels you create for the actual day
- Offer competitive sales. Do some research and see what your competitors have priced their items at and how they are advertising their sales and specials
- If you will be packaging and shipping items, be sure to print out your Cyber Monday label to stick inside the package to create a complete marketing package
Regardless of your industry or product, you don’t have to produce limited-edition goods to make labeling a big part of your holiday marketing initiatives. Your normal year-round products are still valuable to your loyal customers and they will enjoy and notice the seasonal custom labels or stickers.
You can get creative in ways to give your label a festive makeover! If you’re in the food business, you can release seasonally appropriate recipes. Many industries can roll out products with flavors and scents that compliment the season. Maybe your industry doesn’t have the option of limited goods, but nearly every industry has endless possibilities on how they can customize their labels for the holidays.
Custom labels play a role in your overall marketing strategy and allow an opportunity to keep your products and brand fresh and in your audience’s top-of-mind awareness. Customers tend to take an active role in holiday shopping so matching that with active and intentional holiday branding will mean more awareness and sales at the end of the day.
When ready to get your label started, please fill out our Quick Quote Form for immediate pricing and information to ensure a successful holiday season.